question

daza avatar image
daza asked

Quattro not supplying Bidirectional Load on AC1 input

Hi I’ve got a loan unit which is a Quartto rather than my multi 2 5k, the issue that I have with my one is it would balance the grid and got a phantom draw of 500watts every now and again and would also never 0 my smart meter HUD even on -30 grid set point anyway that’s off to Victron to fix.

The issue that I have is the Quattro will not supply my loads on AC in like the Multi 2 even though it’s can see the overall load say 1000watts it would rather split it 50/50 with the battery and the grid. Ie my washing machine and tumble dryer are on mains in with the CT monitoring the load from them on AC 1 in.

Im waiting for the shop to get back to me on this as they are swamped at the mo and I have an ever growing number of cloths to be washed and would rather the batteries take this load fully.

Ive tried shutting power from the grid but no power flows back when thinking about it now this could be down the the ET112 that I’m having to use ie grid goes down ET112 is out for the count on the grid side, as it’s a Quattro I can’t use my CT. The Quattro does when set to -3000 supply back to the grid so bidirection kind of works it’s strange.

Does anyone know what could cause this to happen is there a setting in the Quattro that is different to the multi? System is ESS with the PV assistant.

Thanks in advance

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Daza Some people use it so I was just making your you didn't have it set to 0.5 or something like that.

The Self consumption option is in the location shown below. The ET112 needs to be working correctly and connected correctly as well otherwise that can cause problems.
1703254014849.png

1703254014849.png (78.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Daza With no grid, there should be no AC on the inlet side of the Quattro so in that instance, you wont be able to supply loads on the AC-IN side the unit.

2 things to check for supplying loads on the AC-In side on the unit, noted below. Power assist can be off ( i believe) but, if on, needs to be 1.0.
1703252647921.png 1703252713396.png

1703252647921.png (147.4 KiB)
1703252713396.png (41.1 KiB)
2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Jason - UK yeah I was at work at the time told my wife to turn it off and didn’t think about it, yeah thats the whole point of the relay in a grid out to stop the flow can’t believe I didn’t even contemplate it lol, cheers mate. What is the issue with power assist as I thought it was just to up it 2.0 times ie to 70 plus amps rather than just the 50 amp in? What am I missing regarding this one as my multi was exactly the same but back feed with that setting on 2.0.

For the life of me I can’t find crit load or system load in the ESS on the GX

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Jason - UK Yeah I’m power assist x2.0, can critical load and system load, I’m sure that was an option with the multi but I don’t seem to have it on the Quattro so not sure if they start to get a bit different in the software?

img-4443.png

img-4443.png (289.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@Daza Can you provide a screenshot of the top options in the ESS menu pls?
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Jason - UK thanks that man, the inverter/charger could be it I’ve changed it to external and it looks like a better representation of my system design.

But for some reason I could not do this with my multi as it drew loads of watts from the grid when I selected with external monitoring for trouble shooting of why it was drawing random power and never zeroing the smart meter even with a -30 grid set point. But that’s off for repair. Question can I set my CT to external? as I couldn’t confirm as my multi wasn‘t working correctly.

img-4444.png

img-4445.png

img-4444.png (305.6 KiB)
img-4445.png (311.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@Daza are you using a CT sesnor as well as a ET112?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK Jason - UK commented ·
@Daza I also had a over-voltage situaltion in my home. Contracted SSE, because its called as a emergency situation, the following morning they moved the tappings down on the local transformer. I went from 253.5v to 244v.

Jsut to be clear, the CT sensor does not offer the same functionallty as the ET112. A CT sensor is not a grid meter, as it treats all loads after the CT sensor as if they were after the Multiplus, and therefore any loads betweeen the external CT and the multiplus, and any loads after are totalled up to a single figure shown on VRM as if they are all on the outlet of the MPII.
If you use a CT sensor and not a ET112, you will not be able to see grid loads & critial loads, only loads. An external CT sensor just moves the point of which the MPII measures the current, from inside the MPII to outside.

1 Like 1 ·
daza avatar image daza Jason - UK commented ·
@Jason - UK im using CT on the multi but Quattro doesn’t have that input so I’m using the ET112 but I want to get that back as I want more solar later, so I want the ET112 free so I can use it for solar AC monitoring well if the DNO lets me as I’ve had to make them tap my power supply as they where over volting me at two intervals one in the day and one at night.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Jason - UK great thanks for the explanation, ok so for CT it’s shown as inverter/charger and not external like the ET112, that explains the layout. Not too bothered about it all combined but the system layout looks better now. Thought I was the only one experiencing high voltage my shelly device was recording 256volts spikes at 1400 and 1900 but mine took a few months to sort as they dragged there feet and then gave me an average reading so that it didn‘t Include the spike. But when I pushed back they tapped the transformer to the lowest setting so I guess I have to keep checking every now and again just to make sure it’s still ok

2 |3000