question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.13~1 available for testing

UPDATE 2023-12-06: v3.13 was released officially per just now. See https://professional.victronenergy.com/news/detail/227/ for the official announcement.

Good day all,

A small interruption while testing all the new things: its time for a backport release again.

Change log (compared to v3.12)

• Generator integration bugfixes:
    • ComAp: fix Runtime hours display which was off by a factor of 60. Thanks to Srdjan Savic.
    • DSE: fix engine speed reporting
    • DSE: fix 7xxx MKII support
  • ESS:
    • Increase limit of 32.7kW per phase limit to 138kW.
    • Fix problem where the recently introduced setting "Self-consumption from Battery" to "only critical loads" did not work correctly if a Multi on L1 was compensating for loads on other phases.
  • DVCC:
    • Fix bug where DVCC user charge current limit is ignored in systems with a VE.Bus BMS. Bug was introduced in Venus OS v3.00.
  • RV-C protocol
    • Fix TANK_STATUS DGN not being sent out; this was broken per v3.00
    • Fix transmission of DGNs related to the GX itself; this was broken per v3.00
    • Fix External control state field in the CHARGER_STATE DGN
    • Improve CHARGER_STATE in case the charger is disabled or mains is not present.
    • Improve INVERTER_STATE in case the inverter is disabled or cannot invert due to low battery.
  • All features required for Dynamic ESS. Note that Dynamic ESS remains in beta for now. Having the feature in an official Venus OS release is just to prepare for official release.

Instructions: Venus OS beta testing & how to join/install

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

Instructions: How to post an issue?

By posting an answer below. Do please keep all findings organised: one answer issue per issue. So first check the existing threads if your issue has already been seen. And if it does, add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer.

Note that Answers and Comments are two different things on this portal.

Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release (v3.10), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

And include information about the results/differences in behaviour in your report.

Instructions: Node-RED, Kevinā€™s GuiMods or other add-ons?

In case you are running Node-RED or SignalK, then please at least say so in your bug report.

GuiMods and other 3rd party add-ons: donā€™t report your gui issues here. Do it elsewhere instead.

Changes made by us can cause a compatibility issue with the GuiMods; and these betas report pages are for official firmware only.

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi all, v3.13 was released officially per just now. See https://professional.victronenergy.com/news/detail/227/ for the official announcement.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

ps. a v3.20 beta will be available for download again shortly; if all goes well, that would be either today or tomorrow.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
5 Answers
ppr avatar image
ppr answered Ā·

web interface disabled on v3.13~1 ?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi, which one do you mean, the new gui-v2 and/or new html5 app?

Yes both are back to the ā€œoldā€ version.

1 Like 1 Ā·
ppr avatar image ppr mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
yes, i was talking about the new gui-v2
0 Likes 0 Ā·
ojack avatar image ojack ppr commented Ā·
Gui v2 is not part of v3.13
0 Likes 0 Ā·
CM avatar image
CM answered Ā·

Should we downgrade for those of us liking the 3.20 or just stick to 3.20 if we donā€™t have critical issues apart from known 3.20 bugs ?

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi! For me its best if everybody uses or even better uses and has a good check if v3.13 works for them.

On the other hand, ofcourse welcome to stick to v3.20.
1 Like 1 Ā·
CM avatar image CM mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

whatever the boss says we do , so now using 3.13 will report any issues if any . Gracias

2 Likes 2 Ā·
ojack avatar image ojack CM commented Ā·

As the boss demands ;-)

Updated yesterday to 3.13~1. Until now everything works as expected.

2 Likes 2 Ā·
markus-001 avatar image
markus-001 answered Ā·

Evening Matthijs, I updated two gx devices to v3.13~1 and the gui-beta is no longer populating. Displaying an nginx error.

1 comment
2 |3000

ojack avatar image ojack commented Ā·
Gui beta is not in 3.13. It a project for 3.20
0 Likes 0 Ā·
alexv avatar image
alexv answered Ā·

Hi Mathijs, just to confirm DVCC is now working properly again. I do not have a VE.Bus Bms, but a Ve.Bus Smart Dongle attached to MP II 12/3000. I had noticed when switching the MP On (Charger Only) after it was off, it did not respect the DVCC setting of the Cerbo GX. Only when I changed the charge current in DVCC, did the MPII follow it again. It now works properly and does not ignore the charge current setting when I switch the MPII on. Thanks for the fix.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Alex, sounds like we might need to amend the change log a bit - Iā€™ll check.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi Alex, to follow-up, we 're not sure what changed or what was fixed on your system. The fix we did is really 100% tied into VE.Bus BMS being in the system.

Anyway, glad it works well!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
alexv avatar image alexv mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi Mathijs, I just reverted back to v3.20~30 and indeed it also worked with that version. I am now a bit flabbergasted what happened.I am sure I had this issue before. The system is installed on a boat and is now in winter storage. The only thing I can think of is that i recently also updated the MPII to v508 and also carried out an update for the Ve.Bus dongle. Possibly it has something to do with that. Anyway, for now forget about it, it works..... Thanks again.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
netrange avatar image
netrange answered Ā·

Updated to 3.20~33 and "self-consumption from battery only" works wonderfully.

Also works well with Gui Mod

2 |3000

Related Resources