question

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru asked

Multi RS Solar (PMR482602020) and VictronConnect App

Hi,

A question for Victron developers, in a way...

From Victron website, I know that "In mid-2023 the Multi RS was revised from a single MPPT tracker to a dual MPPT tracker model".

But on 5.99 VictronConnect app, on the status tab (first tab), it shows just a single MPPT, with only one input.

It's a thing that will later be corrected?

Thank you.

Multi RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Ok, so it is a known limitation. There isn't a committed time where it will be addressed and the outcome will depend on what is required. So, eventually you may be able to see them individually, but this may not be possible due to other limitations.

It is definitely a combined output.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex Pescaru avatar image Alex Pescaru commented ·
Thank you so much for your effort and quick answer !
0 Likes 0 ·

Wonder if the hardware is the same as the MPPT RS'es...

Considering the topic for shadow management where there is a 1.16 beta for testing.

And where Guy said that if all OK, will be available for Multi RS'es too.

Another reason for having this dual display...

I am yet to connect the Multi RS with a Cerbo GX to see if there, on GX menu, I can individually see each MPPT...

I only have the hardware for a couple of days and didn't had the chance to test them thoroughly... :-))

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

Now, after I've studied more in depth the app, I realized that on the first tab (Overview - where all is graphically displayed), the MPPT is a combined total power.

But on second tab (Status - where info is textually represented), the MPPT power is individually displayed: Solar1 and Solar2.

So, the issue could be closed, because it's OK and enough in this way.

This is what happens when you behave like an engineer and wander quickly, anxiously and aimlessly through options and not paying attention... :-))

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I suspect it is a combined output from both and not individually displayed.

2 comments
2 |3000

That was also my thought, but still it would be nice to see at a glance the individual production of two different PV banks...

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Alex Pescaru commented ·
There is no change in the v6 beta, not sure if there are any other dependencies but I have asked.
0 Likes 0 ·