question

thistledu avatar image
thistledu asked

Low temperature cutoff not working

I have a Lifepo4 battery connected to cerbo for monitoring only so dvcc disabled. I have a battery smart sense connected but the mppt says low temperature cut off is disabled due to bms connected.

Battery bms is set to disconnect at 5 degrees and stops charging but the mppt still says bulk and raises voltage to absorption and then float and resets the smartshunt to 100%.

How do I setup low temperature disconnect on the mppt correctly?

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Thistledu

Is the mppt programmed to stop charging at 5°C in its internal settings?

One way would be to add the mppt and the smart battery sense to a BT smart network, but you have a GX now, and using the two together is not supported. Sometimes has weird results.

Use a temperature sensor on the shunt, switch on DVCC and set up the temperature sharing there.

Or if your battery is reportings it's temperature to the GX use DVCC again and have the temperature monitor there set to the BMS. But the mppt still has to have been correctly programmed to stop charging at 5°C.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor