question

barneythecat avatar image
barneythecat asked

ESS Error Code on Multi RS Solar RS48/6000

Hi,

I have a Multi RS Solar connected to a Cerbo GX and 2 x Pylontech US5000 Batteries. All works well but a couple of weeks ago the VRM began reporting an Error "Gateway - Dynamic ESS error code: ESS functionality not available"

I believe the RS Multi doesn't yet have ESS Functionality so I want to mask this alarm. Does anyone know how? Ive tried looking in the Alarm Rules on the VRM but no joy.

I have updated RS to latest Firmware v1.15 & GX is v3.12.

I was wondering if this had something to do with Victron's recent work with Dynamic ESS.

I also use Node Red to monitor & control the System remotely

Any replies appreciated

errordynamic essess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Barneythecat ,

Thanks for the bug report, I’ve passed it on to the RS team.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Barneythecat,

No news yet, but just wanted to let you know this hasn't been forgotten about.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

It looked like you played around with the Dynamic ESS node on Node-RED, which sets the Dynamic ESS mode to '4' (Node-RED). As you had remote support enabled, I've changed the mode back to zero, disabling the alarm.

2 |3000

barneythecat avatar image
barneythecat answered ·

Brilliant. Thanks very much. I have been playing around with Node Red so thanks for the heads up.

2 |3000

Related Resources