question

burgstra avatar image
burgstra asked

Multiplus 2GX ESS mode with EM540 Sum of Power incorrect

Hi Friends,

just got my first Victron in operation.

Can someone give me an advice. I have a simple ESS-System with an EM540 and Pylontech US5000.

The EM540 is as Grid Meter configured. The values are exactly fitting to the utility providers value.

My Issue: "The values of Load, Grid and Battery do not Sum close to 0" also

screenshot-2023-12-22-183603.png

Is there anything I can do in the configuration?

screenshot-2023-12-22-184206.png

dynamic essess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@burgstra do you have a single Multiplus unit or 3?

With the info provided, I assume you have just the one unit, powering L1. Allowing for losses in converting DC to AC, you will always have greater battery discharge in watts compared to consumption but your difference is higher than what would normally be expected.

Several things to check,

• Volt drop between batteries and the Multiplus?
  • Is the BMS providing the battery output or do you have a shunt inline?
  • Cable sizes?
  • Multiplus ambient temperature exported to?
  • Battery temperature?
  • Cable length, between batteries and the Multiplus?
  • What components do you have inline on the DC cables?
  • When under load, what is the voltage at the batteries, and the Multiplus?

There are so many variables that affect the system efficiency.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

burgstra avatar image
burgstra answered ·

Hi,

I have the single Phase Muliplus II 45/3000 GX

I use the Pylontech Battery Management System, 2m Cable 25mm²; Except Mega Fuse 125A no elements between Battery and Multiplus.

AmbientTemp=17°C; Batteries had 22°C

If the ESS is in "IDLE" the Sum is OK, just missing 15W for the Multiplus.

screenshot-2023-12-23-182549.png

2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@burgstra That difference in grid to loads could be down to the difference in the calculation result between the EM540 and the Multiplus. The EM540 is very accurate but has a slight latency, whereas the internal CT on the MPII has next to latency but is not quiet 100% accurate. Because if this you get figures that don't always add up, keeping in mind the GX is carrying out many calculations every second. The latency of the EM540 may be data from 1/10 a second prior to the reading and the resultant calculation displayed in VRM. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you feel the system is actually operating correctly. Also allow for the Multiplus consumption of 11w, your about right on the AC loads.

1703353895908.png

1703353895908.png (167.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources