question

carelallen avatar image
carelallen asked

SmartShunt Firmware update failure

Looking for some advice on how to fix my SmartShunt IP65 500A that fails to update Firmware Ver 2.46.

I have had my smartshunt installed on my motorhome for almost a year and it has worked perfectly until today. It will not connect in the VictronConnect app without first installing the new v2.46 firmware. The blue and red LEDs are blinking alternalty indicating that the firmware needs to be updated, I have tried to load V2.46 about 20 times and it always fails. Installs anywhere from 16% to 59% before it fails. During the loading before it fails, the blue LED is ON and the red LED in blinking.

I have also done the following per the troubleshooting guide:

1) deleted and reinstalled the VictronConnect app

2) deleted the device from my bluetooth remembered device list

3) restarted the iphone.

4) attepted to reset the PIN code but that also failed.

Any additional advice on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
carelallen avatar image
carelallen answered ·

Update: my iphone updated to IOS 17.1.1 today. Just for fun i thought i would try to update the firmware again and it worked! I have no way of knowing what the problem was but at least the issue is gone.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

I see you’ve deleted and reinstalled VictronConnect so it should be the latest but have you verified the version in settings? On your iPhone the latest should be v5.99. Edit: If your phone is an older model running an older version of iOS it might be something like v5.97. Correction, disregard, my iPhone 6 just updated to v5.99.

You could also try installing VictronConnect on your computer and then try updating the firmware from there.

1 comment
2 |3000

carelallen avatar image carelallen commented ·

First, thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate the support!

I have an iphone 12 running IOS 17.0.3. VictronConnect v5.99 reinstalled. I tried the Windows version of VictronConnect but it does not support bluetooth and I have no way of hardwiring my Surface tablet to the SmartShunt. Just for fun, i tried again today to update the firmware and it still fails. Still at a dead end. :(

0 Likes 0 ·
calimobber avatar image
calimobber answered ·

Im having the same issue. Tried all the guides, removed from bluetooth/ reconnected. I had this issue on my dad trailer last month and had to give up and now seeing it again is frustrating.

2 |3000

calimobber avatar image
calimobber answered ·

As i finished posting I remembered i have VC on my laptop so i tried that and it worked. Must be issue on phone. Its a phone 13 mini

2 |3000