question

seangrace avatar image
seangrace asked

Schedule auto start inverter on Easysolar 48/5000?

Hello

I have an off grid cabin running on 48/5000 easysolar, and ccgx. In the depths of winter in Ireland running the inverter 24 hrs a day is not feasible, too much drain. Last winter I was away and I came home to burst pipes and exploded radiators as everything had frozen - my central heating needs 230v. Now I have wired my internet router to run on DC system so I can log in and turn on the inverter remotely to prevent this, but I am wondering if I can schedule it to turn on every night for an hour to fire up the heating etc ., without me having to log in every time, especiallyat 3 or 4 am when it's coldest. Also to avoid the need to constantly monitor the weather forecast for sub zero temperatures.

I have seen mentions of using generator auto start function. Without having an actual generator is this possible on an easysolar? Can't seem to find clear advice in the manuals

Thanks

 Sean

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@sean.grace

In the basic programming no it is not possible.

It is possible with node red, but the CCGX can't run node red.

You could look at using the relay on the CCGX and the remote on off and wire something there maybe with the generator setting? Look in the appendix at H in the manual and the relay on the GX. It is just a contact that is needed so should be perfect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.