question

phelps avatar image
phelps asked

problems with ip65 charger

I bought this blue block 3 years ago and it was supposed yo be the best LAB charger available with BT app monitoring and all that hype. It was ca 4x price of a decent cc/cv 3 stage charger (no comms or indication other than 3 leds. But I found arrogant Victron had a stonewall around itself and wasnt interested in listening to app faults.

So I dont know if anyone is listening here.

a) Glaring mistake, Connect does not show and store the LAB Voc before it starts a charge cycle. This is essential to monitor. your battery health and get a feeling for DOD estimation. I would like to see a Voc (with IP65 disconnected for say 10mins, once it is in a fully charged state - it just show the float volt level - not accurate as a Voc measurement)

b) There is no way to reset internal memory or a factory reset for starting another battery

c) the display does not give you a total Ah charged

d) The log created does not contain a time/date stamp - thats very poor effort. We could settle for an internal CPU generated approx timestamp rather than additional hw for a clock chip provided the USER was given the opportunity to set time/date and update for drift easily as needed. Its certainly better than nothing - Victron just pooh poohed the observation - very arrogant

Will there be a firmware update to correct these faults?

pls notify me with @phelps

ip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@phelps the history via Victron Connect is comprehensive.

ip65-history.jpg

a) charge start and end voltages stored.

b) each new charge cycle is logged.

c) Ah breakdown for each part of the charge cycle logged.

d) time spent in each charging phase logged.

ip65-history.jpg (80.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

phelps avatar image
phelps answered ·

This doesnt give you the info you need to know as per my original post. This is not an answer, its a deflection

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic