question

max-b avatar image
max-b asked

CCGX color ssh access stop working

Since two weeks approximately the local console on LAN stopped working. Remote console on VRM is fine.

Now the SSH access is no longer working without any change in parameter. Tried rebooting several times. I need this ssh access for dbus command by an automated script.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
max-b avatar image
max-b answered ·

This is becoming a nightmare. After many attempts including hard reboot (by unplugging power, I'm still unable to ssh connect. Sometimes, very rarely, the connection succeed. I tried to remove the SSH keys files to test for a problem on keys. Now, event after setting up a password, I'm completely unable to connect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max-b avatar image
max-b answered ·

ok, relief, I found a solution.

CCGX is VERY picky about wifi. As we know it does NOT work with any dongle but only a few. I have 3 including the one sold by Victron. This one has the weakest signal but is the only one to work. After trying again the other 2 just to confirm and back to the nominal one , I found that the problem came from a wifi relay system. I have 3 Linksys Velop point. One of them gave a much better signal strength but the wifi dongle does not like it (it is of a more recent kind). By unplugging it the wifi signal is down to 43% but LAN console and SSH connect are working again.

Notice that ping has always worked fine with either configuration of wifi relay.

Go figure. The fun thing is that that wifi relay was there for a while, at some point after a reboot or something, the dongle choose to connect through it rather than the other. Now I have to figure out how to have signal to some other equipment without perturbing the CCGX dongle.

2 |3000

max-b avatar image
max-b answered ·

Well, not that simple.

Ssh access is unstable, not reliable. The wifi level is as it has always been and still can't get the problem fixed. There is definitely something not normal.

Ping is reliable and fast. Remote console through VRM also. Why not ssh (and local console) ?

2 |3000