question

stevet44 avatar image
stevet44 asked

MPPT Smart Solar 100/30 in parallel with Blue Smart Charger 12/125 IP67 to charge 12V LifePO4

As the title suggests, I'm looking to charge a 12V LifePO4 battery bank with the MPPT Smart Solar and Blue Smart chargers. From my research on the subject, it appears the charging algorithms on these two devices should work OK together. Just wanted to confirm this or would it be a good idea to up the absorption voltage on one of the chargers?

For some background, I'm setting up a power solution for a construction site application (water line heater). The site will provide generator power during normal working hours, but the solution will need to run 24/7. The genset will be the primary source of power during most daylight hours (except for weekends and holidays).

Thanks for any input.

MPPT SmartSolarbluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Multiple chargers of any type can be run simultaneously, provided:

1. They are compatible with the charge voltage of the battery.
  2. The sum of all their currents does not exceed the maximum charge rate of the batteries.

Multiple chargers only provide benefit when in BULK mode. Once the absorption voltage is hit, current tapers, and usually the weaker charger will fall to float quickly while the stronger finishes the charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.