question

ian0 avatar image
ian0 asked

Force Quattro charger into bulk

There are already several of posts on this topic.. . .

I understand that if the battery voltage is greater than 1.3V below float when the charger starts, it starts in float, otherwise it starts in bulk.

So, if I am controlling the Quattro with a Cerbo, via CAN or MODBUS if I changed the float voltage to 1.3V above the present battery voltage would it start in bulk?

Similarly if I wanted it to change from absorption to float at a time of my choosing, could I set "maximum absorption time" to a very long time, and when I want to make it go into float change "maximum absorption time" to a zero.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

A better way of forcing the charger into BULK would possibly be to set the Equalisation voltage to the absorption voltage, and trigger manual equalisation. In general there should not be any need to mess with these voltage settings, provided they are correctly set for the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ian0 avatar image
ian0 answered ·

But the manual says that in equalisation, the current is limited to Bulk/4.

2 |3000