question

pavol-rehak avatar image
pavol-rehak asked

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 fw update problem

Hello

Yesterday night I was trying to perform the FW upgrade of Multiplus to v506. During the process power and internet went down (as described) but then the web page of VRM portal showed error (vrm disconnected) and no config file was donwloaded. Multiplus is now running the new FW but in default mode. Before I started the process, I downloaded the config file but the format is .rvsc instead of .rvms so I am not able to perofrm the merge. Also realized there is no ESS installed now. Can you please help me to sort this out?

Thank you in advance

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This is why you need to follow the process to the letter and ideally switch to bypass so you have internet.

look at Q3 in the documented FAQ

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pavol-rehak avatar image
pavol-rehak answered ·

Hi thx for the answer. There was nothing written about bypass in the process. Even point 2.3 is saying that its ok when the internet is down.

As mentioned I was trying to merge the file as per Q3 in FAQ but the mine file is .rvsc instead of .rvms

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

It is only ok if the internet is down for a short while, then you run into these problems which are best avoided.

You can try either convert a remote file with veconfigure, or once you open it in veconfigure, note all the settings, then download the current default version from the inverter, load it into veconfigure and then manually edit it, and upload it again.

0 Likes 0 ·
pavol-rehak avatar image pavol-rehak nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

thx, trying to find a manual how to covnert it but no luck? can you please advise. Also once I open the file in veconfigure, I receive a message (screen shot bellow). Problem is that my installation company is on vacation until next week and right now my productio stopped, I am on grid only.

1697018002791.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1697018002791.png (12.0 KiB)
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Pavol Rehak

You mention only ONE Multiplus. If that's right, then .rvsc is the correct file type. .rvms is for multiple Multis, like set up in parallel or 3 phase, and the treatment is a little different.

If you downloaded a .rvsc type (that's not your choice), just upload it using the VEConfigure option in VRM Device List. At this stage I wouldn't worry about updating Assistants, you could try that later.

The Multi will reboot when it installs the file, because Assistants demand that.

2 |3000

pavol-rehak avatar image
pavol-rehak answered ·

as far as I know I have a 3 phase system, 32A. I was trying to upload the rvsc file, but VRM gave me an error - mk2vsc-46 - Uploaded file does not match model and/or installed firmware version.

I have just amended all settings based on the pre-update rvsc file settings the new download (post update). File is ready on my HDD to be uploaded. was just waiting for some more hints

2 |3000

pavol-rehak avatar image
pavol-rehak answered ·

ok update, I have followed @nickdb advise, and have adjusted the settings of the new config file based on the preupdate settings. HAve uploaded it via VRM and it worked. System is back and producing. thx guys

2 |3000