question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

MultiPlus-2 and remote control with DC Diesel GenSet

Good day,

I have a Hatz Diesel 1,9kW 28V 68A which i have setup to 32V because of the voltage drop since it is installed in a distance of 11m to the busbar using H01N2-D 70mm2.

However, when I had an 6kVA Kohler, it was workibg fine together with the MultiPlus-2 24/5000 but with the Hatz it does not work.

Here a short describtion how it should work:

1) MultiPlus-2 close relais for Remote Start of Generator

2) Main Relais 100A connect power to Generator (hsd to be done this way, because the electronic suck 15W in stand-by)

3) electomagnetic fuel valve open

4) Generstor get signal to start

4.1) If the Genetator does not start in 10 seconds diengage Generator

4,2) wait for 1min to cool down the starter

4.3) go back to 4) and try it in total 3 times

4.4) after 4 failed starts, disengage Main Relais and lock it

5) Generator is running until the 248l tank is empty or MultiPlus-2 disengage the RemotevControl

However, this is working manually (I can start/stop the generator even manually with a switch installed in 60m distance in my house) but the MultiPlus-2 does not detect, that something is charging e.G. Voltage increase from 22,2V to 23,8V...

Does someone use a similar setup and got the RemoteControl running with a DC Generator?

Note: currently i have no SmartShunt in the Power Line of the Generator.

Multiplus-IIGeneratorremote start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The relay on the Multi is a demand relay, not intended for starting generators. You need an additional controller to implement the function for the starter motor. The multi relay is closed for run,open for stop.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·

I know, an this is what i have her.

The Multiplus relais switch on and start the generator via its remote control. If the Multiplus switch off, the "start button" on the generator is disengaged and the a Delay-Off relais engage the "Stop button".

I had to do it this way, because this military GenSet want at least a 3-Wire remote control. Hence I had to simulate with a singel relais (two wire) the 3-wire RC

However, this is not my problem.

If the MultiPlus-2 start the GenSet (and it is running) after 1 min or so the MultiPlus-2 stop the GenSet because it does not discover that something is charging in midden of the night when the battery was under 23V and it is increasing to above 24V.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Michelle Konzack commented ·
Can you show us your VE.config configuration?
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I have an issue wirh my HP Pavilon Windos Laptop because of a broken battery which yoz can nit change yourself and i can not get a spare one.

It seems also, the Victron Configure Linux version does not more work on my new Debian Installation.

I come back, if this issue is solved.

2 |3000