question

orion avatar image
orion asked

Setting initial value for pulse meter

Hi, I'm running a Victron system since some months now.

Actually a pulse meter is included in the firmware of the cerbo, which is great. In the setup for this device you cut reset the counter to 0, but many times (water etc) you would like to see the actual meter value. So resetting does not do the trick. Is there any chance to "reset" the counter to any value to solve this need?

Secondly is there any possibility to show more fraction of values? As you have normally a ratio 1;10 or 1:100 for m^3, you do not see changes for the first 100 impulses.

Any help appreciated.

Michael

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @orion

I did try taking a look at the files saved in /opt/victronenergy/dbus-digitalinputs/dbus_digitalinputs.py

To see if I could spot ways to complete this, but i didnt get far (my python knowledge is lacking). The 1:100, looks like it's stored in data but not displayed I'm not sure where in the venus os that would be stored but I think it'll be changing a setting in the gui rather than the pulse meter firmware. (Happy to be corrected here as i said my python understanding isn't great).

That's odd for Counter, you'd expect that to be editable. (a potential hacky work around might be to override that in dbus maybe via node red/mqtt? Not 100% sure this would work but worth a try, happy to help pull together MQTT topic if that's useful).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.