question

Fideri avatar image
Fideri asked

Temperature sensor on Quattro or GX?

Hi Again,

If I want to see the temperature numbers on VRM, should I put the temperature sensor (part # ASS000001000) on the Quattro that is connected to the GX or directly on the GX? Does it matter anyway?

I also have two MPPTs but it's not vital that they adjust their charging depending on what the sensor reads. FYI, I use the Quattro for inverting only.

Fideri

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I put my temperature sensor on the GX device and then I enabled DVCC and STS (shared temperature sensor) and the inverter and MPPTs use that temperature.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Fideri

If you just want numbers where you connect will determine where you see the temperature.

In the port of the Quattro, you can see its information in VRM advanced. And under the inverter in devices menu as a battery temperature.

The GX gives more display options (you will need to calibrate it.) You can display on the VRM dashboard, in the GX itself in devices and in advanced in VRM.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor