question

jonnyt avatar image
jonnyt asked

BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 Load Relay?

Hi,

I'm trying to dump excess solar energy to my hot-water tank. I'm all setup, except the "MPPT Control" LED display is not clicking it's internal relay when the virtual load is set to "ON" I can see it on the screen, but it's not triggering it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks everyone :)
Jonny

MPPT ControllersRelay
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eric-heiberg avatar image eric-heiberg commented ·

Hi Jonny ! I have been considering using excess solar for heating, and have read alittle about the relay function....but dont quite get it.

I have an Easysolar 24/3000 with Bluesolar 150/70 built in. I currently have float at 28,55 volt (and absorption at 28,65).

I have 10Kw of recycled Lithium Ion (from Mitsubishi Miev) and 2 strings of 900W panels.

Question:

I want to switch on electricity to ovens when the battery voltage i above 28,55 volts.

Or should I have the voltage level different with regards to bulk/float/absorpton -levels?

How do I do this?

Eric

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @JonnyT,

It is not clear to mean what you mean. Do you mean you want to use the relay in the MPPT control : https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/mppt-control

The relay in this product is not supported. You should use a BMV or a Smart MPPT with relay.
https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers/smartsolar-250-85-250-100

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonnyt avatar image
jonnyt answered ·

Thanks Martijn,

Yes, I was hoping to use the relay that's built into the MPPT control unit you linked to. As the relay exists, but it's apparently limited (intentionally to sell other units I'm guessing) within firmware.

I have since had to swap the BlueSolar with a SmartSolar as per your second suggestion :(

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual