question

erald56 avatar image
erald56 asked

Cerbo GX update 3.01 temperature changes problem

I have updated my Cerbo GX to version 3.01 and have no temperature sensor connected. Since the update my solar controller did not charge anything anymore. After a lot of searching I found that the low temperature cut off was enabled and that the Cerbo was giving me now -1 celsius, which is lower than 5 degrees. When I disabled the low cut-off thing started working like normal again. I have no need for a temperature sensor in my system since have those on my BMS and Inverter/charger.

I do not know what the output was before but must have been higher than the 5 degrees Celsius since have not changed anything except the update of the Cerbo.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@erald56

Did you also update the mppt firmware? or was this a partial system firmware change?

What device is the cerbo reading the temperature from? or what device was sending it to the system?

Do you have DVCC enabled? Is STS enabled in DVCC?

Does the bms have comms with the GX at all?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

erald56 avatar image
erald56 answered ·

No that was up to date just updated the Cerbo. I have no device connected to the cerbo to read temperature.

DVCC is not enabled and neither is STS. My BMS is is a JBD and I do not have them connected to the cerbo. (I have 4 BMS). I rely on my BMS to switch off when getting too cold.
It is just that since the update of the cerbo I have to disable the temp cut-off in the mppt. Which was enabled by default. Seems the cerbo gave before a temp above 5 degree now it gives me -1 thus my mppt switched off.

2 |3000