question

solarseeker avatar image
solarseeker asked

Victron Connect on iPhone not detecting Smart Solar MPPT 100 30

I downloaded the Victron Connect onto my iPhone. When I tried pairing it with my Smart Solar MPPT 100 30, it did not detect anything. I already tried the suggestions you have online- restart iPhone, turn on Bluetooth from within the app, etc. None of these suggestions worked. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @SolarSeeker

Do you also have a GX product (Cerbo GX / CCGX / Venus GX / RPi with Venus OS)?
If so, you could access the SmartSolar via the VRM tab and check whether perhaps Bluetooth is disabled in the SmartSolar (although this should not be the case for a new product).

Otherwise, You can try power cycle the SmartSolar by disconnecting battery and PV for 2 minutes and then reconnect them (battery first). When it still does not show up in VictronConnect, there is probably some hardware problem and I would contact the seller/distributor for warranty.

Kind regards,

Thiemo

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tiredeyes69 avatar image
tiredeyes69 answered ·

I just tried upgrading a SBs with IOS 17.

Won’t work.

Used wife’s iPhone using IOS 16. Works ok.

What iOS are you using ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic