question

cruisey1987 avatar image
cruisey1987 asked

Monitoring and automating other things through GX device

Somewhat vague question here, but I'm interested if anyone else here has experience with this sort of thing

Given the GX devices have some degree of software extensibility and can manage automation through things like Node Red, has anyone had any success monitoring things other than a PV System with a GX device?

For example I'm wondering if anyone has integrated heat pump controllers, or the Open Heat Pump monitor with a Cerbo so you can see them in VRM?

I know I could probably use a seperate Raspberry Pi to do this but I like the idea of a single portal which shows "everything"

cerbo gxNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

There are certainly a lot of options available for expansion. Many devices use mqtt or modbus-tcp, so with a little intuition and some know-how the possibilities are almost endless.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

waninae39 avatar image
waninae39 answered ·

we added RUUVI sensors, very easy and supported by latest sw from victron

2 |3000