question

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett asked

Grid and AC Loads Incorrectly Calculating

I'm using a CT sensor connected to a Multiplus II GX to monitor the meter tails where it comes in from the grid.

My PV array is connected to a Fronius IG TL which then has an ET112 and feeds back into the consumer unit.

1688048466109.png

For some reason the numbers aren't be calculated correctly.

See above, with the 2470 generation and 1758 charging, I would expect the AC Loads are probably about 700 and the grid about 0.

Any idea where I might have the config wrong or what I could try tweaking to fix this?

Thanks

grid parallelet112 pv readings
1688048466109.png (136.6 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

The GX device may give you a better idea for debugging this. What are the PV generation values and "grid meter" ie ct clamp data showing within the GX device list?

Might narrow the search of which value is presenting incorrectly.

Also are coms setup between fronius and victron or is victorn system purely using ET112 data to monitor PV production from fronius?

Additionally double check you've got ET112 mapped to correct side ie ACIN/ACOUT1/ACOUT2 (however I cant see how that would cause this issue)

The only other thing that jumps out is the inverter says external control, do you have anything unusual setup/controlling the unit?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett matt1309 commented ·
The Fronius isn't connected to the GX. It's just using the ET112 to get data.

Grid meter says not connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 Lee Tickett commented ·

@Lee Tickett

Under ESS settings what have you set "Grid Metering" to? I think it should be intervert/charger and not external meter. If that's already on inverter/charger then I'm out of ideas sorry.

My guess was it looks like grid input/output data isn't coming into the system or at least it's not coming in accurately.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett matt1309 commented ·
Yeah, it's set to `inverter/charger`. It does look like it's not getting data from the CT. I'll double check everything later (perhaps something has come loose).

Thanks for checking.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered ·

I fixed it!!!

Settings > Energy Meters > Position

I changed it from AC Input 1 to AC Output.

Now it looks like:

1688202435036.png

And interestingly the position of the PV Inverter has changed on the console (no longer matches VRM):

1688202512757.png

But the numbers add up. Super happy!

1688202435036.png (132.6 KiB)
1688202512757.png (128.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ed Simoes avatar image
Ed Simoes answered ·

I have a pretty similar configuration (MP2 48/5000, Cerbo GX, grid parallel topology, AC coupled PV connected to a ET112 meter and grid metering through an external CT sensor) and I was having exactly the same issue. It was driving me bonkers, but now VRM is now showing up the right values, you've made my day. Thanks @Lee Tickett

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic