question

wilco-1 avatar image
wilco-1 asked

VE smart network chargers off

Dear community members,

I have a 150/35 a 150/45 mppt and a smartshunt. All connected with the bluetooth ve Smart network and all wired to a Venus raspberry. No Victron inverter but a stand alone not integrated in the network. All worked fine for 6 months but not today;

Suddenly the two chargers stopped working. No error messages displayed. Battery voltage was okay, around 55% soc. Mppt voltage never been too high.The blue bulk leds were on and blinking slow. Cables and lugs are tight. I have no idea what happened. Anyone?

MPPT ControllersVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Don’t mix smart networks and wired connections to a gx/pi. They are not intended for overlapping use and can conflict. Plenty of topics on this subject here.

Delete the smart networking config.

After that, post some pics of the pv etc charts/history from victron connect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wilco-1 avatar image
wilco-1 answered ·

Okay, never thought of that. I will try to do that. But funny enough it worked flawless for half a year.

3 comments
2 |3000

wilco-1 avatar image wilco-1 commented ·

IMG_20230808_193817.jpgIMG_20230808_155559.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ wilco-1 commented ·

In the VC app, select the mppt itself and screenshot the history tab showing the present and last few days of pv and battery min/max chart.

With software and firmware changes sometimes behaviour can change as well. Worth eliminating the obvious and then working backwards.

0 Likes 0 ·
wilco-1 avatar image wilco-1 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
wilco-1 avatar image
wilco-1 answered ·

No idea why yesterday's data is gone. Happened today

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual