question

perky avatar image
perky asked

Cyrix 12/24 120 Not Opening After Engine Stops

Hi Everyone. I have just connected my Cyrix 120 as per the wiring diagram. When engine starts the cyrix operates fine and quickly closes to charge my Lithium 100ah Aux battery. But when Engine stops the Cyrix stays closed and my readings show a back flow from the Aux battery until the voltages are equal. ie the relay is not opening again to separate the two Batteries. I have reconnected carefully following the connection sequence but to no avail. Do I have a faulty unit or am I not understanding something ? Terminal 86 is connected to negative. But I am not using starter assist. Thanks for any help.

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Closing and opening has a delay depending on the voltage. Do you use the cyrix-li-ct or the normal cyrix-ct?

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Cyrix-Li-ion-120-A-EN.pdf

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Cyrix-ct-120A-230A-EN.pdf

The normal cyrix-ct has lower voltage values and can cause a behavior like that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

perky avatar image
perky answered ·

Hi, Thanks for anwsering. Its the normal ct. Yes i am aware of the delays but after hours its still closed. The only way to open it is to disconnect terminal 86 ! I could put a switch in it but the whole point is that its automatic. Nothing else is connected at this point ie no solar panels or any other charger.

2 |3000

perky avatar image
perky answered ·

So as far as I can see my Starter Battery reaches all the Voltages it should and Falls again after stopping so I am perplexed as why the Cyrix does,nt open to separate my Batteries. Is it to do with my Lithium Leisure battery ? I need to rectify this problem so does anybody have any advice on what I should replace the Cyrix ct with ? Ideally it would be great if the replacement was very similar in connections and dimensions as it is all set up to fit in the battery box. Thanks for any advice.

2 |3000