question

jm-bellew avatar image
jm-bellew asked

System feeding the grid although grid feed-in disabled

My system feeds the grid even though grid feed in is disabled. Battery power is sometimes used for this even though the battery has not been fully charged.

I have 2 Multiplus -II 48/5000/70-48 inverters set up in parallel, My solar controllers are a SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can250/85 and BlueSolarMPPT VE.Can 250/100. I have two sets of 10 and 12 525kw panels, a Freedomwon e-tower (4 units) and a Cerbo GX.

I am charged for power exported to the grid and would like to avoid this, particularly as the system seems not to be prioritising battery charging but servicing loads and the grid.

Grid setpoint is 100W

Thanks for the help!

John Bellew, Johannesburg, South Africa

ESSmultiplus in parallelfeed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JM Bellew

Sometimes the LOM detection does a push back to grid. But it should not be a whole lot. I have seen also the AC wiring dimensions affect that.

Is it a keep batteries charged set up or are you cycling/self consumption?

Is it an overshoot? What does the battery CCL do at this time? How is it set up? If they have that bus bar thing on the front you might find the end batteries are reaching higher soc before the others?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jm-bellew avatar image
jm-bellew answered ·

Thanks for the reply - I will have to check a few things! I cycle my batteries but at certain times of the day and even if they are not charged, the batteries and solar will feed the grid, sometimes to over 3kWh

2 |3000

kosmos avatar image
kosmos answered ·

Settings more that likely .... did you use an installer who knows his/her stuff? Or is this DIY?

I setup & service only Victron systems in Joburg so if you need help on a pro service basis.

2 |3000