question

hooky avatar image
hooky asked

Fronius Gen24 AC coupling compatibility

I know this question has been asked in the past but I thought I would start a new thread to see if any progress has been made.

Looking to use the standard primo gen24 (not the hybrid Plus version) in a regular off-grid system with quattro 15k, 450/200 MPPT RS, Pylontech US3000C bank and Fronius Gen24 connected to AC out.

Obviously abiding by the 1:1 ac coupled rule.

So from what I have found, the gen24 does have the MG50 grid setting, but what I haven't found any solid answer to is how it is detected by the Cerbo GX.

Some answers I have seen is that the gen24 will be detected by the cerbo but is detected as an "Unknown Inverter"

I mean, you can rename the inverter in the Cerbo, it just wont show the fronius symbol on the gx display.

Even if that's the case, if the Gen24 still responds to the frequency shift like the Snap inverter Primo range, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Has any further development been made in this area?

Any personal experiences out there would be good to hear

AC PV CouplingFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pedaaa avatar image
pedaaa answered ·

you need to enable "Solar API" in the GEN24 settings, then communication works:

1682659143114.png

1682659143114.png (66.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

As mentioned above, activate API in the Fronius and Enable Modbus TCP in the GX Services menu. I have a Gen24 5kw AC coupled to a Quattro 15 in off grid working fine.

2 |3000