question

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye asked

Connect easysolar Gx with lynx shun and VE BMS

Dear Team

I am new on this forum and i believe i have made a mistake with my installation. I have a Victron easysolar GX, a lynx shun and a VE can BMS connect to my 25.4 Victron batteries. How do connect the shunt to the BMS and then to the easy solar?Do i connect the RJ45 from the shunt to the BMS and then connect the BMS to the easysolar? i can't find a wiring diagram for this configuration

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Just to be sure, you have a Lynx shunt and Lynx smart BMS using VE.Can? If yes, they can be daisy chained with terminators at both ends.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye answered ·

I don't have a lynx smart bms, I have a ve bus bms with a lynch shunt. My problem is how do I connect the two devices together given that the easysolar has a gx card

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Connect the VE.Bus BMS like it is described in the manual.

The Lynx Shunt is VE.Can (250kbit/s) but the EasySolar GX only have a BMS-Can port (500kbit/s).
As far as I know there is a special tool or Firmware with that you can switch the BMS-Can port 250kbit/s. Ask you local Victron distributor about that.

2 |3000

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye answered ·

Not sure if we have a victron dealer in uganda. Can I use the BMV shunt instead?

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
A SmartShunt or BMV could be connected to the EasySolar via VE.direct.
0 Likes 0 ·
atwijukye avatar image atwijukye Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Dear Mathew's, I have a lynx shunt and it does not have a VE direct port. Not sure what I can do but every time I connect it to the easysolar Gx the inverter shuts off. I believe this is because of your previous explanation that the shunt is 250kb/s while the Gs is 500
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@atwijukye@mrc.gm

Hello. Did you find a Victron tech in Uganda?

You may contact me directly on info@ntindaview.com

Fideri

2 |3000