question

grizlyadams avatar image
grizlyadams asked

Multiplus 3000 works on grid but not generator (but used to)

Hi,

I have 230v (EU) Multiplus 3000 installed in my RV with a 6.75kwh lifepo4 battery using a REC-BMS Active BMS

The RV has a 5500kva Onan generator with an auto switchover when the generator is started.

When I installed, the Multiplus would work fine on either grid or genny power, but now it will not switch thru the genny power. ( I haven't used it on generator for about 7 months)

It makes a click/clunk sound like it's trying to switch it thru but that's followed by another similar sound (to me it sounds like a relay connecting then disconnecting)

The genny is a 60hz (US made) but as I said, it's never been a problem and the auto switchover is working as the 110v parts of the RV (roof aircons an some sockets) are working fine and if I look on my Cerbo gx, the Multiplus is seeing the genny power (as per the attached screenshot) but it doesn't pass the power through or charge the battery.

I've power cycled everything in the system and that didn't work.

Any suggestions most welcome

screenshot-2023-07-02-08-51-19-23-d365b52accad0f47.jpg

multiplus ve.bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
What is the nominal frequency of the Multi? Is it possible that the generator frequency has drifted and is now too high for the Multi to accept?

If you can tolerate both 50 and 60 Hz in your system, selecting wide frequency range in the Multi config might help.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
grizlyadams avatar image
grizlyadams answered ·

Hi - the multi setup hasn't changed and is still set to allow 45 to 65 Hz and as per the pic, the genny is at 63Hz.

As I mentioned, nothing has changed on the setup but the multi doesn't like something.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic