question

s3w47m88 avatar image
s3w47m88 asked

No Charge from Generator to MultiPlus

Until recently my generator could charge my system via my MultiPlus. Recently, it just stopped working for no apparent reason. I have:

• Restrated the generator.
  • Tried switching from Propane to Gas fuel mode.
  • Tried another smaller gas generator.
  • Switched off for 60 seconds and back on both MultiPlus'.
  • Reboot the system via the Cerbo GX.
  • Run software updates.
  • Checked the voltage from the generator outlet, to the end of the extension cord, to the outlined it plugs into, to the wires at the AC in on the MultiPlus.
  • Tried replacing the 30 amp line with a 20 amp line and retesting everything.
  • Tried testing everyone on the second MultiPlus instead of the first (main).

I have a separate non-Victron inverter that runs through my fuse but is otherwise direct to the batteries and charges the system without issue from both generators on a 20amp line.

I am at a loss as to what the issue could be here except faulty MultiPlus' somehow. Help!

My Setup

• Two Victron MultiPlus' 12v | 3000 | 120
  • CerboGX with TouchScreen. Ethernet port going to MultiPlus. Connected to wifi network for remote access.
  • Two SmartSolat Charge Controllers 100 | 50 both are connected to the Cerbo.
  • 2 Panasonic 400w panel. Going to dedicated charge controller.
  • 4 Boviet 370W panels. Going to a dedicated charge controller.
  • INACTIVE CURRENTLY - 9 Renogy 100w panels. Paired two together except for last one.
  • SmartShunt 500A / 50mv
  • Little fuse 400A
  • Two 4 post buses one for positive one for negative.
  • Four VPR 4EverClassic Expion360 100Ah LifePo4 12.8
  • Large aluminum plates connecting them.
  • 4 aut wire going from positive end of the batteries to the positive bus then to the little fuse then to the MultiPlus.
  • 4 aut wire going from the opposite negative side of the batteries to the SmartShunt then to the bus then to the MultiPlus.
  • VBatt+ wire going from SmartShunt to positive battery terminal, same location as the 4aut wire.
  • Aux wire going from SmartShunt to midpoint on positive. Currently set to None in settings, when set to MidPoint I get a reading of 100% deviation.
  • Tempature sensor going from CerboGX to positive. Reading 6 degrees Celsius currently. Same post as the 4aut and VBatt.
  • 5000 watt Champion Dual Fuel generator connected to AC in on via 30Amp line to MultiPlus.
  • All connections are appropriately tight.

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ffvictron avatar image
ffvictron answered ·

have you tried to lower the AC input current limit? what are your general and charge settings?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.