question

jon-terry avatar image
jon-terry asked

Generator provides power through Quattro but doesn’t charge batteries

I have a Quattro 5 kva inverter charger on my boat. It’s setup with a Northern Lights generator as one AC power source and shore power as the other.

This has worked well for 2+ years. We used shore power all winter living aboard in a marina. We hadn’t used the generator yet this sailing seasons and when we revved it up we found that, while it provides AC power to match any active AC loads, it no longer charges the (Victron LifePo) batteries.

The light comes on to say it’s bulk charging but it’s not.

I didn't make any intentional changes to any settings. I turned off the Quattro a few weeks ago to let a workmen get safely into our mechanical space.

The Quattro came back on afterwards and had been happily inverting like always. Just no charging.

I’ve tried turning it off and on again. No luck.

Any ideas for a setting that could have changed during a firmware update or something along those lines?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jon-terry avatar image
jon-terry answered ·

Apologies for the duplicate question

2 |3000