question

hr342-owner avatar image
hr342-owner asked

Cerbo GX - Update and WiFi problems

I have trouble with my Cerbo CX. I wanted to update the firmware from 2.75 to the actual version 2.85

I inserted a blank 64GB, FAT32 formatted SD card in the SD with the file " Cerbo GX - venus-swu-einstein.swu" in the root directory

Result: firmware update via offline update not possible. Error message (forgot the text)

Reboot of the system, now the red/orange LED for the WLAN is flashing, I can’t connect to the Cerbo GX anymore

I tried to restore the factory setting with venus-data.tgz (after the download the file is called venus-data.tar?, I tried both names). No success. Can’t connect and change the setup

What did I wrong? Any ideas
cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@HR342-owner

Dont forget resetting it means it no longer has your wifi password. You have tomise its own AP.

Plug a normal hdmi screen in if possible and have a look and see what it is doing. You can also plug in a usb mouse to interface with it.

Is it not reachable by bluetooth in Victron Connect either?

If you followed the reset instructions it should work. Otherwise do it again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hr342-owner avatar image
hr342-owner answered ·

Problem solved. Reseted everything with a Venus-data.tgz file from a 16GB SD card

2 |3000

superdavidone avatar image
superdavidone answered ·

Hello everyone, for a couple of days my Cerbo GX has stopped communicating with the Wi-Fi. Among other things, the blue LED (BT) no longer flashes and it is no longer detectable by the Victron Connect app.

Entering the menu through the remote console (access point in his intranet with a tablet) followed a reboot but had no resolution. The blue LED no longer flashes.

Going to the menu again, under Bluethooth I try to turn the BT on and off: No results.

I tried to connect to another Wi-Fi network as the pre-selected one fails to connect returning the "FAULT" message. Connected with the hot spot I downloaded the firmware version 3.00 and after restarting still nothing.

Among other things, after the update the "BLUETHOOTH" item disappeared from the menu, now it can no longer be turned on or off.

Inexplicably it is as if the WiFi had become lazy and the BT failed.

Can someone help me?

Thank you all.

2 |3000