question

ghaztehschmexeh avatar image
ghaztehschmexeh asked

Multiplus Noises

Hi, a few weeks ago I installed a multiplus 3000/120 in my boat. I previously had a mastervolt ultra combi which was very quiet.

This unit humms a lot which I am not worried about. However, at low loads it "ticks" (note I don't think this is a relay switching). And this has now evolved into a concerning intermittent electrical buzzing/ticking. See the video below.

For context I am plugged in to a shoreline only inverting from the batteries. There is a load on the output, which seems to vary the sound. The load at time of recording is a dishwasher, PC and washing machine.

Is this normal? Or do I need to return the unit?

Thanks!

https://youtube.com/shorts/j2myGzHXT9o?feature=share

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Sounds like, something is loose and vibrating.
That is not normal.
It should be fixed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oxy avatar image
oxy answered ·

These arcing (?) sounds are not normal.

The only ticks (clicks?) I sometimes hear from a MultiPlus are relay-like on a near-overload situation - but am also curious why they these sometimes heard.

2 |3000

ghaztehschmexeh avatar image
ghaztehschmexeh answered ·

Okay thank you, I will contact the company I purchased it from and speak to them about the warranty. Hopefully nothing untoward will happen, I live on my boat and need the AC power to work!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic