question

ths avatar image
ths asked

Cerbo does not connect with tank sensors

Sailboat - have a Cerbo GX attached to a Smartshunt; to 2 MPPTs and a Orion T-smart for the bow thruster.

In addition, 3 x tank + 1 temp sensors. When filling tanks after launch the tank sensors did not respond and I noted that the temp. sensor also appeared frozen. Checking history on the VRM portal it appears that something happened as I did a short on-land run of the engine. Battery monitors work all right.

Removed the Cerbo power cable for a restart and got message "No tanks found". No tank gauge is listed in the device list in the configuration menu. Any suggestions?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ths

Have you checked that the tank sensors at question are enabled in the Settings > I/O > Analog inputs menu?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ths avatar image ths commented ·

Thanks for your reply Stefanie. The "Analog inputs" menu does not show up in the I/O menu - only "Digital inputs" and "Bluetooth sensors"

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ths commented ·

Maybe try again with a reboot (Settings > General > Reboot). If that doesn't help, unplug power from the Cerbo for a few seconds. The last resort is to factory reset the Cerbo and set it up again. The procedure is described here in the manual here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/reset-to-factory-defaults-procedure.html

0 Likes 0 ·
ths avatar image
ths answered ·

Again thanks Stefanie, will make a try on this.

2 |3000

ths avatar image
ths answered ·

Stefanie, sorry to bother you again - did as described including the factory reset but the Cerbo still fail to detect the tank & temp sensors (battery monitor works). I/O shows only "Digital inputs". Could it be a hardware failure?

4 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
You might try doing a firmware update in the cerbo. If already on the latest version you can revert to the stored version then update again.
0 Likes 0 ·
Just to make sure, you have a Cerbo GX and not the Cerbo-S GX, right?
0 Likes 0 ·
ths avatar image ths commented ·

Yes, the Cerbo GX, with 4 resistive tank level inputs and 4 temperature sense inputs

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ths commented ·

If the tank and temperature inputs do not appear in the I/O menu, there may be a hardware issue with your Cerbo, whatever was casing this. I recommend getting it repaired or replaced under warranty by the dealer you bought it from.

0 Likes 0 ·
ths avatar image
ths answered ·

Thanks, will do

2 |3000