question

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett asked

Problem loading PIP, other python mod

It's been a while since I last worked with Venus OS, but I now want to try using ESS mode 3 for a certain application.

During this period, Venus OS has moved from 2.7 to 3.0, and python has moved also to V3.8.13

However, to integrate with my BMS, I need to add more python modules, so I tried to load pip with the following result:-

root@beaglebone:/data# opkg install python3-pip

Collected errors:
* Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
* Problem 1/1:
* - nothing provides requested libjitterentropy2
* Solution 1:
* - do not ask to install a package providing libjitterentropy2

looking further into this error, I checked to see if the missing package is listed by opkg:-

libitm-staticdev - 9.3.0-r0 - GNU transactional memory support library - static development files
libitm1 - 9.3.0-r0 - GNU transactional memory support library
libjitterentropy-dbg - 2.2.0-r0 - Hardware RNG based on CPU timing jitter - Debugging files
libjitterentropy-dev - 2.2.0-r0 - Hardware RNG based on CPU timing jitter - Development files
libjitterentropy-doc - 2.2.0-r0 - Hardware RNG based on CPU timing jitter - Documentation files
libjitterentropy2 - 2.2.0-r0 - Hardware RNG based on CPU timing jitter
libjpeg-dbg - 1:2.0.4-r0 - Hardware accelerated JPEG compression/decompression library - Debugging files
libjpeg-dev - 1:2.0.4-r0 - Hardware accelerated JPEG compression/decompression library - Development files

The package is there, so I tried loading it directly:-

root@beaglebone:/data# opkg install libjitterentropy2

Collected errors:
* Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
* Problem 1/1:
* - nothing provides requested libjitterentropy2
* Solution 1:
* - do not ask to install a package providing libjitterentropy2

The same error crops up when trying to load spidev, so looks like the libjitterentropy2 module is essential to a lot of other modules.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I've flashed a Beaglebone Green with the Venus OS, the basic software seems to be working normally, but the developer console showed :-
Checking available software versions...
Active rootfs: 1
Active version: 20230529211714 v3.00
Filesystem errors detected on backup rootfs

And the second blue LED on the bone was flashing rather than solid at the end of the installation.

I'll try re-flashing the bone, but has anyone another suggestion as to the cause of the above problem?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered Ā·

problem disappeared with reload, but I used a different download this time. 2nd stage install led stayed flashing this time too though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources