question

spicedreams avatar image
spicedreams asked

Remote console password on EasySolar II GX 48V

Hi, I have a quite new installation of EasySolar and all appears well. I can connect to it through the Android app and Bluetooth.

I want to connect to it over the LAN. I have connected its ethernet port to my router and it gets an IP address 192.168.x.x. When I try to connect a browser to that, OR if I use the android app over WiFi, the Remote Console challenges for a password.

I have not (knowingly) set a password. How do I reset the password so I can logiin some other way than app over bluetooth? I must be very close to it to use Bluetooth and I think the functionality is limited.

Thanks

Graham

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @spicedreams

copy the file I will email to you onto an sd-card or usb-drive, and restart GX.

This will disable the password.

(I wasn't able to attach the file to this post due to some safety rules)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spicedreams avatar image
spicedreams answered ·

Thanks that allowed the remote console.

2 |3000

ts-ip avatar image
ts-ip answered ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

I have a customer who has somehow put an unknown password on their Easy Solar 2 GX. Am I able to get the file as above for USB stick reset of the password?

2 |3000

funktion avatar image
funktion answered ·
Hello Daniël Boekel, I have the same problem right now. I forgot the password on one of our systems (EasySolar II GX). How can I reset the password and assign a new password.
Many thanks for your help
Stefan Schueller
2 |3000