question

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj asked

VE.Bus Overload L1 without any reason - Multjeplus

I added second battery to existing, rewired everything. No heat build up, all seems properly wired.

EXCEPT now i started getting Overload L1 warning with consumption not being anywhere near specified max output of 3000VA (for example Warning L1 on 1000W consumption). T is around 20C, VRM is logging at 1m.

How can i fix this?

overload.png

MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-32

Firmware version 502
Multiplus-IIwarnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @JJ-O-JJ

It's probably a millisecond ac spike that VRM can't pick up because it's too granular. But the Multi can, and is reporting it. In your charts a couple of them seem to coincide with a load, the alarm possibly from starting that load.

I get this from a household pressure pump. I once replaced it's start capacitor, and that fixed it for a year or so, but it came back, and I ignore it now. The Multi can handle it.

If you look in the VRM Alarm Logs it may say cleared after ~20 sec, but it will do that always, even for a mS event. There's nowhere I'm aware of where it actually records how high it went.

Consider also the possibility that it's telling you that your load is actually faulty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj answered ·

ol-2.png

ol-3.png

Only loads running are fridge (50W) and dehumidifier, around 200-300W.

The problem is this is the new behavior, and was not present last year, with same loads. All loads are 1-2 years old.

Warnings being triggered with lower consumption than 2500W.

ol-2.png (5.5 KiB)
ol-3.png (65.9 KiB)
2 |3000

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj answered ·

Compressor dehumidifier seems the culprit. Even if only 300W working watts, when i have some additional loads running (around 1000W), it seems to consume so much it triggers overload.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic