question

chebanov avatar image
chebanov asked

How to correctly configure solar system?

Hi! Can anyone help me to configurate correctly my solar system?

I have Multiplus 48/1600/20, MPPT 100/20, LiFePo4 battery without bms and two solar panels 450W each. ESS with Optimized mode (With BatteryLife) and without feed-in. But sometimes on VRM I see that small amount of energy goes into the grid. The main idea is to make system work like this:

When solar power isn't enough to cover the load - battery will discharge till specified voltage or SOC.

When solar power is enough - extra power will charge the battery.

System can take the energy from grid only when battery rich the minimal SOC or there is no solar power.

I need to survive without the export from grid as much as possible.

Is it possible to configure system like this and should anyone help me with this?

ESSSolar Panelfeed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@chebanov

That is exactly what ESS assistant does.

See the manual - controlling depth of discharge. All is set in the ESS menu kn the GX

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/controlling-depth-of-discharge.html

The short small overshoot happens every now and then, if this is not an issue with your grid provider dont worry about it. If it is you have to set your grid point up a bit, but is means you will always be pulling something from grid.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic