question

msmolow avatar image
msmolow asked

Two RV-C devices termination

I currently have a Lithionics battery BMS connected to the first CAN-bus port configured for RV-C with a VE Can RJ45 terminator in the second port. If I want to also add a SeeLevel 709 RVC do I simply remove the RJ45 terminator and use that port, or must I maintain a terminator? If so, how?

Thanks

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

RV-C is a multidrop parallel connection. Devices can be daisy chained. Both ends of the bus need to be terminated. Intermediate taps should not be terminated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

msmolow avatar image
msmolow answered ·

Nether the Lithionics BMS nor the SeeLevel 709 can be daisy chained because they each have only one port.

If the second Cerbo port requires a terminator, how can I include both the Lithionics and the SeeLevel?

Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
Should be easy enough to build a bus with taps to the three devices, then a terminator on each end of the bus.

Look up RS-485 for ideas.

0 Likes 0 ·
msmolow avatar image
msmolow answered ·

Thank you.

2 |3000