question

Jay Smith avatar image
Jay Smith asked

Cerbo-S and WaveShare 7" touchscreen

After reading this post:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/93218/generic-touchscreen-on-cerbo.html

I bought the 7" WaveShare touchscreen linked in the post. I have a Cerbo-S, not the full model. The touchscreen is just blank, the backlight will come on for a few seconds but I never get any display at all. Some folks have said this screen is plug and play and it works out of the box,

I am connecting the display via USB, plugged into the middle USB port on the Cerbo-S and the Touch port on the screen.

I have tried plugging in the HDMI cable just to see what happens, the backlight comes on but still no display.

I tried running the commands in that doc via SSH but I get a file not found or something error at this stage:

fbset -xres 1024 -yres 600

touchscreen
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As this is not a victron product there is limited support and that being with anyone who is using that model of screen. you maybe better contacting the supplier

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic