question

ams avatar image
ams asked

Connecting multiple MPPT’s to a Cerbo and screen

Hi everyone this is my first time here so it will probably take me a little bit to figure out how it all works so please bear with me.
We are selling and installing quite a few systems and we’re learning new stuff every day.
My first question is we have a boat that had two existing inverters one is the 3000 multiplus and the other is a 2000 multi then there are four 100/30 MPPT’s and a smart shunt.
We installed a new Cerbo and 7” screen we found out immediately that the Cerbo can’t control two different inverters so we re-installed the original DMC for the 2000 and we have the 3000 on the Cerbo.
We used 3 VE Direct cables and 2 withe USB ends for the MPPT’s and smart shunt but we can only see one of the MPPT’s right now do we need to instance them with the app on my phone?
So that’s it for now any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You will need to set up the MPPTs via VictronConnect on our phone/tablet but they should be visible even before you do that. No instancing is needed as these would all be separate connections to Cerbo.

Make sure the MPPTs have battery power or they may not communicate with VictronConnect or Cerbo. The smart shunt should also be powered.

Note that the USB connector on Cerbo closest to the HDMI connector is power only. Make sure the VE.Direct to USB cables are plugged into the other two USB ports.

Check your cables. Maybe plug the cable from a working unit into another unit and see if that one shows up in the device list. Of so: bad cable.

Reboot Cerbo after making cable changes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.