question

theplant avatar image
theplant asked

Bluetooth dongle not lighting up

So I bought a 150/70 control charger on Amazon and then realized it wasn't a smartsolar so I bought a dongle. I plug in the dongle and no lights come on. The charger is connected to both battery bank and pv so I'm confident it has power. Is there something I'm missing? How can I tell if it's the charger or dongle? Also does Victron warranty apply to Amazon orders? Thanks

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

In e.g. the UK, if the product was sold by Amazon or Warehouse, you will see the option to have it repaired in the original order after the initial 30 or 14 days return period has passed. For sales via other amazon sales channels e.g. individuals, you have to contact the seller. Victron warranties are dealt with via their authorised distributors or resellers and I'd be hopeful the seller obtained it from one of them and can submit his claim to them after inspection if it is indeed faulty and not user error. Did you look to see whether it is visible as a device under the bluetooth menu?

https://origin-smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9YLFT3UJRGDDADT

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic