question

calmdrae-13adman avatar image
calmdrae-13adman asked

Cerbo GX not starting

Hi,

We have a two Cerbo GX modules where both modules fail to start.

we have checked all connections and they are correct tried using the units with no connections other than the power and are having no luck with the modules starting up. The wifi and bluetooth LEDs flash briefly but can't be cycled through using the reset button to enable/disable.

Concerningly the modules make quite a sparking sound when the power connector is plugged in (can be observed in the attached video)

it seemed as though the first module was a faulty unit however it seems very unlikey that we would have two faulty modules in a row.

does anyone have any advice on what might be happening here? is the sparking noise normal when connecting the module (inrush)?

Thanks,

cerbo gx
video-3.mp4 (1.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Put a meter on the input connector. Makes sure its within voltage specs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

calmdrae-13adman avatar image calmdrae-13adman commented ·

Input voltage is 56.7VDC with the 8-70VDC specified by the Cerbo

0 Likes 0 ·
craigh-1 avatar image
craigh-1 answered ·

I have the exact same setup and problem. When plugged in, no LED, no Bluetooth and no wifi hotspot. Is this a faulty unit? I just recieved it.

2 |3000

mio23 avatar image
mio23 answered ·

I have the same problem in the front. the power supply is 53V. It won't turn on for me. Does the new cerbo turn on in any special way? First start.

2 |3000

oldwave avatar image
oldwave answered ·
2 |3000