question

mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly asked

Request for Victron Connect App - Show MPPT Temperature

I have one more (reposted it to a new question, as it seems comments to the entry will not be answered frequently)

As is think, the SmartSolar has a built in thermometer to calculate how to charge the batteries.

Why dont you also show us this value, so we can see more, what situation the charger is in ?

Or is there a way to read that information right now and I just did not see it ?

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

I agree with Guy. But if your SmartSolar MPPT is compatible with the plug in display that will show the MPPT measured temperature, as well as the real battery temperature - as provided from another source (BMV, Smart Battery Sense or Multi/Quattro).

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I don't know much about this, but can have some educated guesses.

The temperature inside the MPPT is only used to calculate battery adjustments once, before the MPPT begins, first thing in the morning.

The rest of the time, due to the heat of the device, it is not accurate and would be more confusing and misleading. Leading to more concern and questions from people who think their batteries are overheating.

The way to get a useful temperature reading is the addition of the smart battery sense.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mr-fly avatar image mr-fly commented ·

But from my point of view. Just show it even if the value is not the real air temperature. And as someone stated, if the LCD shows it, why don't you make it feature comparable?

0 Likes 0 ·
dragonzzr11 avatar image
dragonzzr11 answered ·

I would also like that feature.

I believe that even if the temperature is what the unit has and not the real ambient temperature, it is still a useful parameter to have as information.

It would greatly help solving and pinpointing other installation potential problems, like for example if its overheating in a closet or a small space.

2 |3000