question

remco-de-g avatar image
remco-de-g asked

From 2x multiplus compact to 1?

I have 2 old multiplus compact 24/1600/40 inverters. Both are not working, but I want to join the 2 together so I will have one working inverter.

One of the inverters has a broken powerpack and the other one has a broken mainboard.

So now I swapped the working mainboard to the inverter with the working powerpack. The unit is starting up but it makes a rattling noise when charging.

I might know what causes this but I don't know if there is a solution to solve this.

On the mainboards are labels 1916125.vff on the working mainboard and 1916132.vff on the broken mainboard. So they seem to be the same model range, but the broken one also has a sticker with power pack IRF3205PBF on it.

The situation I have now is a working 1916125.vff (without IRF3205PBF sticker) connected to a power pack with the label IRF3025PBF. This combination seems to make the rattling noise.

I've tried updating the firmware to version 1916159.vff but it's still not working.

In the VEflash program I also have the option device upgrade. Is it possible with this options to upgrade the mainboard to the IRF3025 power pack? I need some kind of key to try this, where can I find this upgrade key?

I hope someone has a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Remco

firmware update
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

remco-de-g avatar image remco-de-g commented ·
I also have a target key:A341-1717-0927-F4AA-ED4E
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ remco-de-g commented ·

Have a look at this thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Remco_de_G

Have you checked the sine wave?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I am aware if the main boards have the first 4 numbers the same ie 1916 then they have are for the same hardware and can be interchanged. changing the fw to the latest is the best you can do.

I do not think the IRF3205PBF sticker is causing the issue.

If it can put out its full 1600 watt output then the charging should also be fine.

check the setup setting by using a MK2 or MK3 and make sure that week AC is not turned on as this maybe the cause. even reset everything to default. also check the dip switchs to make sure they are at the default settings on the board as well

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

remco-de-g avatar image
remco-de-g answered ·

I've checked the sine wave without (AC load) it seems to be ok, but I noticed something strange. I forgot to connect the battery's, but the inverter was still going in to charging mode. I remember that normally when no battery is connected the alarm led is blinking. Is that correct?

Probably the "good" powerpack is also broken?

2 |3000

remco-de-g avatar image
remco-de-g answered ·

Today I've tested again. Under AC load one side of the sine wave is not stable. The AC voltages drops to 185VAC the "good" mainboard is faulty and sends a incorrect sine wave under AC load.

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

my guess would be the power pack is faulty and there are damaged fets on one half of the pack thus you are getting this issue I do not think it will be a main board issue

2 |3000