question

eamonno avatar image
eamonno asked

How intelligent is the Multi2/ Cerbo, when it comes to scheduled charging?

I’ve been charging to 100% for the last few days, since my installation went live last week. MP2, 4 x Pylontech 3000c.

Question: If my max charge rate is set to 70A, and the battery is already at 50% when the 4-hr grid window starts, will it go hell-for-leather at 70A from the start, possibly idling for an hour or two once charged…… or will it take a more steady and elegant approach, perhaps mindful of the amount of time available to it, and reduce the charge rate dynamically as it goes?

I guess I’m wondering….do I need to make some adjustments to make the battery’s life a bit easier?

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@EamonnO

With the Pylontec comms to the GX, the battery will decide what to take. And the 4x 3000s can easily take 70A of charge without an issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Lithium is designed for hell-for-leather. As Alex said, if it needs less, it will lower the CCL. That’s the joy of smart batteries. It’s best not to believe a lot of the bollocks written about lithium batteries on some forums and trust the manufacturers.

2 |3000

eamonno avatar image
eamonno answered ·

Thank you both…..

I’ve been coming to that conclusion, Nick.

I shall now quit the other forums :-)

2 |3000