question

jfm1712 avatar image
jfm1712 asked

Does Cerbo DVCC control charge output of Phoenix IP 43 50A?

Hello,

I'm finalising the schematics of an upgrade (from AGM) to Smart Lithium with VE Bus BMSv2, Cerbo, etc. The Cerbo connects to the BMS, the BMS to the Multiplus. The Phoenix IP43 connects to the Cerbo via VE Direct (as do the MPPTs)

Question: with DVCC enabled, will the Cerbo 'control' the charge output of the Phoenix IP43, as it does for the MPPTs (and Multiplus)? This is not specifically mentioned in the DVCC section of the Cerbo manual (section 8.3), it mentions the MPPTs and "inverter/chargers" (=Multiplus) only.

This is important as the Phoenix IP43 would then not require a Battery Protect (similarly, no Battery Protects for MPPTs as these are connected to Cerbo for control/protection).

thank you,

Joao

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JFM1712

No it is not controlled by DVCC at this time. from what I understand it had been proposed and worked on but not implemented.

The battery protect is unidirectional so is designed to control a battery over discharge to loads. See the product page.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jfm1712 avatar image
jfm1712 answered ·

Thank you for the clarification. I'll then use a suitable Battery Protect, together with the Orions and an IP22 charger, for all these Chargers.

Can you please confirm if the Phoenix VE Direct 12V/375W is 'controlled' by the BMS (via the Cerbo with DVCC enabled)? (i.e. not requiring a Load Battery Protect).

thank you.

2 |3000