question

justint avatar image
justint asked

AC out 1 Breaker(s)?

I am using a Victron multiplus 3000 in a off-grid cabin. The cabin will not be connected to the grid/mains power. Everything in it will be 110 volt. All the breakers in the breaker box are connected to one line. I will not be using a generator so there will be no way of using/needing the power assist. I'm trying to figure out what type and how many breakers to use.

I was reading the manual and found the wording for AC-out-1 a bit ambiguous and needed clarification. Is this saying I need a earth leakage circuit breaker and then a second circuit breaker? I am not sure why I would need two of them. Thanks for your assistance.

screenshot-20221207-132404.png

multiplus ve.bus
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Which model multiplus exactly? And which manual? I suspect a mix of 110/230V specs here.

0 Likes 0 ·
justint avatar image justint kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The 3000 watt 110V multiples. It runs on 24V and has a 70 amp charger and 50 amp passthrough.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

A GFCI and a fuse/circuit breaker are not the same.

The GFCI is a ground fault protection and protects you from getting shocked.

A fuse/circuit is an overcurrent protection for the wire.

But there are also combinations of GFCI and circuit breaker available.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Victron has a really useful schematics page for the MultiPlus 3KW-24V-120V-AC.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic