question

yannick avatar image
yannick asked

Gerbo GX power supply

Hi All,

A few months ago there was a message from Victron regarding the powersupply of the CerboGX, that could be damaged if connected to 48V. There was a workaround with a capacitor. Since i'm planning on upgrading to a 48V system, and don't want to rely on a external capacitor in my system, i want to know if it's possible to send this Cerbo back to Victron, and get a new one without the issue.

Allready contacted my dealer, but they don't want to cooperate.

I'm in the Netherlands by the way.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Victron will replace an affected CerboGX if you don't find the capacitor solution acceptable.
Your distributor is supposed to be aware of this and they are supposed to facilitate the replacement.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I've seen the capacitor kits for sale online, claiming to be official Victron.... Not sure this is correct.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Yannick

There was a a select list of units that were produced near the beginiing of the year that were affected anything after HQ2220 will be fine and don't need the mod.

2 |3000