question

andrewdeas avatar image
andrewdeas asked

Display issue after adding additional battery

Good day

I added an additional battery to my current system but now the total PV charger does not add up to the total loads plus the charging. (677+577=1254 missing 450 watt). Previously it did. Think the second battery is causing this. Did do a redetect on the battery but did not do anything. The battery is setup correctly with master and slave dip switches and correct network cable.

Any ideas what settings should be changed? The setup is as follow:

• Victron Multiplus II 48/5000
  • Victron SmartSolar MPPT 250/100
  • Victron Cerbo GX
  • Around 5000 watt solar
  • 2 x Dyness BX51100 5.12kwh batteryimagethumbpng5c3a81d3c8b677e3dcbfd4011f8372b5.png

It seems like the charge and discharge is almost half due to the additional battery.

In the battery manual I only see the following:

1668503199900.png

When I go into the Cerbo settings I cannot change the MCC or the MDC and it shows the following. Is this causing the issue and if so how do I change these parameters?

test.jpg

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AndrewDeas

Confirm with the Dyness 50A is the discharge current for one battery? If so then the menu you are in shows that the systen does not recognise both batteries. (The screen you show is not a user changeable parameter)

Check the dip setting address of the two batteries. Check the manual for that. There is either a conflict there or the interlink is not working or in the correct place.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrewdeas avatar image
andrewdeas answered ·

Hi Alexandra

The initial installer did not plug in the comms cable into the correct port it seems. Comms between inverter and Master battery in "out" and not "in" and thus the slave is also wrong. Will be powering down the system tomorrow afternoon and will correct the cabling and see what happens. Will let you know.

2 |3000

andrewdeas avatar image
andrewdeas answered ·

Good day all

The comms cable between the inverter and the battery was with the initial setup plugged in incorrectly and thus subsequently the comms between the batteries also incorrect. The cables was switched and everything is working now. Thanks again for the assistance

2 |3000