question

josh-d avatar image
josh-d asked

Easysolar with 2nd MPPT

Hi,

My system consists of an Easysolar 48/3000 & BMV700 connected to a 48V LFP (BMS not Victron compatible/integrated) and a 2.5KW PV array. System is running ESS and I am pleased with the performance. I would like to add another 1KW of PV to catch some early morning sun. I checked the Excel MPPT calculator tool and the BlueSolar 150V/35 seems to fit the bill. The new MPPT will be connected to the CCGX via VE-USB cable (both VE direct ports are in use) and the MPPT's output battery terminals connected to the common battery busbar - via fuse, breakers, etc.

The spec sheet for the BlueSolar 150/35 does not mention "Parallel Operation" whilst for the 150/45 and larger models parallel operation is specifically stated. Does this mean the 150/35 is not capable of operating in parallel with the Easy's 150/70 MPPT? Should I then rather consider the larger 150/45 model?

Regards

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

That should be fine Josh. Presumably your proposed extra pv is orientated differently, hence the extra mppt. You could also consider the Smart 100/20 48V, which was designed just for you and your extra 1kW.. :) https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-75-10,-75-15,-100-15,-100-20,-100-20_48V-EN.pdf

Without going for a look at the literature myself, don't read too much into it. The rate of development is beating some of these 'loose ends'. There is new firmware supposedly under way which will offer sync of mppt's, but really is just a 'look nice' thing and wouldn't impact you anyway.

You could even parallel it into the Easy itself, given you're not using all it's mppt wiring capacity..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josh-d avatar image
josh-d answered ·

Thanks John. I will have a look at this model- Smart 100/20 48V. Much appreciated.

Regards

2 |3000