question

fichterp avatar image
fichterp asked

Cerbo GX ethernet via switch not working v2.73

My Cerbo GX running v.2.73 will not connect to my network via ethernet cable and switch. It will connect just fine directly to a router. I have tried 3 routers, all 3 connect fine to the Cerbo GX. But when I connect the Cerbo GX to a switch that is connected to the router, the Cerbo says “unplugged”. Other devices on the switch work great. It’s a gigibit switch.

I have tried reserving and IP address for the Cerbo GX but that did not solve. Rebooting no solve. Rebooting whole network no solve.

No light on the switch when the Cerbo is plugged into it.

Does the latest firmware resolve this?

ethernet
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
offtheshed avatar image
offtheshed answered ·

I have started having issues since putting a switch in connected to my CerboGX. It is a FortiSwitch FS108F-POE, worked good as on a wireless bridge for a couple of weeks. But since plugging it into the Switch it dropped off after two days. Only powering off and on the Cerbo would get it back online. It most recently ran for 20 hours, before dropping again.

I am trying link speed settings next, then failing that I will try a dumb switch (no vlans\management) to see if that makes a difference.

I just recently updated to v2.92, CerboGX is two months old. With Wifi disabled.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offtheshed avatar image
offtheshed answered ·

So far so good after changing the port speed to 100Full (100M, full duplex).

This is consistent with how I initally had the Cerbo connected directly to a wireless bridge, which had 100M ports. Unit only dropped off once connected to a 1G interface.

I recommend anyone having this issue, try setting your switch to 100M Full duplex.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic